Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Best Easter Weekend Ever- Part 2

Even though Melanie told me she doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny anymore, she told me that she wanted to have an Easter Egg hunt, little did she know what we had planned for her. The best hunt of her young life.We were planning a summer vacation - maybe Quebec we were thinking, then I worked out the financial details and found that we could go to Disney World for just a few couple hundred dollars more.... We would drive down in the summertime for a week. Melanie had no clue... so when I got wind of a sale on the Meal Plan at Disney World and with the advice of friends who had already been there, I booked a Disney World Resort all-inclusive vacation for the last week of August which happens to be Melanie's birthday week.  I was dying to tell her, and when would be the best time... well, on one of my shopping trips to Walmart I found a beautiful Minnie Mouse watch- I decided I would hide it in a big egg and that she would figure it out and then freak out... Well I never expected to see such love!

Brent hid a series of eggs with clues.
Each clue had a Disney hint... but Melanie had no idea.
Clue 1 and 2 about Adventure and Aristocats.
Clue 1- basement.
Clue 2- in the cat bed.
Clue 3 and 4 about a Mouse and Mighty Ducks.
Clue 3- under the sink.
Clue 4- on the bench.
Clue 5 and 6 about Yoda and the Wicked Witch.
Clue 5- on top of the Star Wars Movies.
Clue 6- in front of the mirror.
Here is Clue 7... the watch in the big egg... making all her wishes come true.

But the best thing ever was when Melanie found the egg and the watch.... opened the special package and her reaction made all of us cry, including herself. Watch for yourself and see if you can keep a dry eye.

It was the best reaction of absolute love and appreciation. Melanie's wish has come true. She is going to Disney World.



2 comments:

  1. Oh you family of lovers! How wonderful and heartwarming to see so much love!
    I know you will have a fabulous time on your Disney adventure - can you stow me in the trunk? - I wanna go too!
    Love,
    Szossy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Szossy, thank you so much for your wonderfully sweet comments. We are so excited to go and have an adventure of our life. I will need a water boy because it will be so hot... so yes, you can come be my water boy!
    Hugs,
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...