Thursday, April 26, 2012

My favourite springtime flower

Guess what it is? It's the tulip. You guessed right! I would have picked these for my wedding bouquet (12 years ago) but they don't hold up well out of water. But you know my friend Jenny once told me that when you do get some fresh cut tulips and put them in water, the secret for them not to droop too fast is to put a penny in the water... and you know what, it really works.

These pretty flowers are in my garden right now!

Red ones and pink ones, there were yellow ones last year... but you know, I don't have a green thumb and less and less keep popping up each spring. When we bought this home we, inherited a gorgeous perennial garden, but as the years have passed, fewer flowers come back. But this year, we will make it a beautiful garden, we are going to get pansies and daisy gerbers (my other favourite flower) and make it a colourful festival of flowers... you just wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...