Monday, April 16, 2012

Hawaiian Pizza Night

As you may know, Friday night is homemade pizza night at my house. Well, lately, I have wanted to shake it up (you know that it has been almost 7 months of Friday Night Pizza!). So let me introduce you to my newest creation. Hawaiian Naan Pizza!



That's right, I said Naan. What a great substitute for whole wheat pita bread. It may not be as nutritious as the pita, but it's a nice change up.

Hawaiian Naan Pizza (serves 3 people)

Ingredients:
2 Naan bread ( I used the Blue Menu variety)
3-4 Tbsp of pizza sauce
3-4 slices of sliced ham cut into little cubes
1 cup of chopped pineapple - fresh or canned
1 1/2 cup of part skim mozzarella

Place the Naan on a cookie sheet, spread the pizza sauce over the Naan, then add the ham (keep a bit for the top). Add the cheese, then pineapple and remaining ham.
Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and gooey.

That's it! Of course you could add whatever you like, I might try chicken and hot peppers with the pineapple next time... nice, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...