Monday, April 23, 2012

It's our Anniversary!

Ok, well it was... We recently celebrated our 12th Wedding Anniversary and we had an amazing day. I woke up to a beautiful card that just made me cry with love (see below) and we decicated a love song to each other- this was so was hilarious.
I dedicated with love the following song to Brent: Tony Toni Tone-Anniversary, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbt4XVRMcy0. Favourite line from this song, 'you better tell your supervisor you're leaving early from work today'... yeah baby! He thought it was soooo cheesy!

Brent dedicated the following song to me: Flintstones - Happy Anniversary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE . That's why I married him.... he's so funny, right???  These 2 - I heart you pictures were taken at Milestones where we enjoyed a nice dinner.

We shared some 'no calorie' drinks.... he had a San Pellegrino.

I had water with lemon... I know, partyers, right?

He went for the big steak with a crab and shrimp sauce and veggies and garlic mash. He liked it a lot! (Big portions for sure)

I had a curried scallop dish with baby bok choy. It was a bit too creamy with the sauce, I would have just enjoyed it without any sauce and pan seared- I'm such a purest now, eh?

This is the most amazingly, a propos, touching card of my life. I cried just reading the cover of the card (in fact, Brent watches for my reaction and if I don't cry he's disappointed- I am after all a 'weaping princess').

The reason I was floored by this awesome card was that it captured what I believe has been my transformation since I started on this journey way back in September. I see a beautiful purple dress-my favourite colour- with flowing, long brown hair, and my favourite element is in fact wind and dancing and my spirit has been recharged... and the fact that Brent picked this card was just too much for my soul to take, hence, that is why I cried. I love him and I love that he is recognizing the changes in me and sharing and seeing and living with me and my dreams!

2 comments:

  1. You are very inspirational. I love reading your posts. I'm one of your hubby's old friends and I'm very happy for the both of you. Happy anniversary to you and the big guy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Christine! It means a lot to me to see your comments. I love feedback and it's great to know that you appreciate my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...