Saturday, December 24, 2011

Amazing Adventure- Christmas Lights

Well it's Christmas Eve, so I thought I would share with you some festive lights. Last weekend my daughter, mother and I all went to see the pretty lights at the Burlington Waterfront. We went on an Amazing Adventure to the Lakeside Festival of Lights.


It was a night time adventure, and it was COLD!!!! -14 degrees with the windchill. We froze our legs/fingers and toes off! We suffered from the 'Redess', a term my sister and I coined when we used to downhill ski back in the day. It's when the 'fat' on your legs or any other part of your body gets really cold and then doesn't thaw for a real long time. Fat freezes and stays cold for a real long time. Well let me tell you... so do your fingers when you try and take so many pictures for our blog! It's all worth it!



Melanie and I in front of the Eiffel Tower.


Frozen Melanie and mom in front of a lamp post.


Melanie and the giraffes.


In front of a pretty tree.


Here's the full view of the tree.


And a close up of Melanie and I.


We finished up the evening with a nice 'WARM' dinner. We went to Kelsey's where I had several cups of hot coffee (I wished I could have poured it over my really cold legs)  and then a warm sizzling Chicken Fajita....  A healthier choice at this type of restaurant. I loaded each tortilla with tons of veggies and chicken and made 3 of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...