Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Amazing Adventures- Gairloch Gardens

This past weekend Melanie and I enjoyed a very, very cold walk in an Oakville landmark. We visited the barren (usually filled with flowers and ducks and geese) Gairloch Gardens on the lake. Oh, such memories.... I used to work in the Art Gallery, the Studio Gift Shop when I was in High School and we took our wedding photos there too.



My absolute favorite picture of all time since I started this blog. She looks heavenly, like the angels from up above are shinning their light on her.


The Frozen pound, all the ducks are gone.


Posing on the bridge where Brent and I took some wedding photos. Ah, the memories....



Cute girls posing.



The sun was so bright and it was so cold we were all alone in the park.



Check out this rock, it's shaped like a heart. That's love for you!



Look, it's not a 'real' deer... I know it freaked me out 25 years ago too when I used to work there.



The main house, which is now the Art Gallery.



Melanie pretending to walk onto the frozen pond. It was freezing cold, -11degrees with the windshield they said.


Look, we found the ducks and a white swan. They must have frozen their little Mallard butts in that water.


Melanie loves to climb the rocks now. She's the Queen of the World!



Look at that sunshine shinning on my little angel again!


It really was that cold... my hat and mitts were so required!!!! 


Melanie enjoying 'my bench'. I used to eat my lunch on that bench. It faces the lake and is the most peaceful place on earth.


Standing on the rocks. The ones right on the water were covered in ice... see, it really was cold!



Oakville Galleries in Gairloch Gardens... my first job.



The famous statues. Brent and I took our wedding photos right there. The photographer even climbed on one to get a cool shot- one of my favourite.


And look, there's Melanie climbing on one of them. They are supposed to represent different 'personalities', if memory serves me well.


Here's the building that used to house the Studio Gift Shop, it's where I worked, my sister worked and my mom was even a volunteer that use to do some purchasing of art pieces for the shop. Ahhh, such memories.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...