Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sushi Date Night

Nothing better than catching up with an old friend and eating the food we love! (that's good for you too, well except the tempura)

Last week, one of my dearest (and oldest-we met during my second year of University living in an all French residence) friends Robin and I did our semi-annual Sushi date. We have it all planned out. She takes me out for my birthday and I take her out for her for her birthday, it all works out!. We have a plan devised so that she drops her son off at my home while Brent and Melanie watch him for a couple of hours while we do what we do best....talk and share and eat sushi! We go to Crazy Sushi in Oakville every time.

Here's Robin enjoying hot tea on a cold rainy night. (Check out that purply/blue nail colour, got to get me some of that).



This is what I always order. Pure Decadence! It's called the Crazy Roll. Inside, it's got Tempura shrimp, avocado, crab and on top there is another tempura shrimp, 3 spicy sauces and green and red fish roe.



Here's a closeup for you. It's so colourful and tasty and those sauces... it all blends together for a 'Crazy' bite.



We also shared some edamame (soy beans) steamed with salt. Delicious and Nutritious!



Robin likes her Spicy Tuna, so she got this hand roll and gobbled it up!



After a couple of hours of girl talk we come back to my home and find her little angel having so much fun with Brent and Melanie... he almost doens't want to leave! 

Thanks for the great time Robin. We always have so much to talk about... I can't wait for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...