Monday, December 12, 2011

Delicious Visit

I had the great surprise visit from my girlfriend Sam (the one who sent me the teas in the mail) this past weekend. We met up for lunch at this great place in Oakville called Stoney's


She is one of my oldest and dearest friends and it was wonderful to see her and catch up over a very long and lingering lunches (yup, my butt was soar- 2 hours +++)


Here she is with her ever-famous hand sanitizer, everytime she eats in a restaurant she puts the stuff on.


She brought me up a couple of boxes of tea and I let her pick one of her favourite coco mado pieces.



We decided to share a couple of dishes (the food is amazing there!). She is a vegetarian so we chose a delicious Greek Salad- we didn't even touch the crouton because....


We shared this tiny little Margherita Pizza.... check out the cheese factory... in our minds it would be a thin crust pizza with lots of tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzerella. But this is what came... I was only going to have one slice and save the rest... But you know, someone once told me that to lose weight, you should eat like a 'thin' person eats... well, this thin person sitting across from me was eating the second piece...so when in Rome... Needless to say, I had a small dinner full of veggies!





2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful 2 hour lunch it was.....I hope that we can do another soon. I love how our lunch is memorialized in your inspirational blog. So honored to be part of it. On a side note....can I just say OMG - who is that girl in the picture? - the one with only slits as eyes - geez - do I ever look tired and old...or is it old and tired.

    Good work my friend on loosing 27lbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, you know that was take 4 of the picture, I think it was that early morning jet plane ride to Buffalo... You are gorgeous girl! looking at that picture of that pizza is getting me inspired to walk around the block 20 times and share it again with you! Cheesy heaven, eh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...