Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day- Family and Love

How awesome to celebrate Mother's Day with my little sister for her first Mother's Day. I wanted to make it special for her so I borrowed an idea from my friend Sam who had beautiful professional Mommy and Me pictures taken with her son. Except, we did it real 'low budget' - I asked Melanie to write a little sign to symbolize the day. And then I made all the mothers and daughters pose.

Melanie and I.

Julie and Stephanie.

Julie, my Mom and I.

And my favourite, picture of all. All the mothers and daughters. Can you see the sweet smile on Stephanie's smile?

But hey, don't leave the Dad's out... Here's Barrie with his little girl... on Mother's Day.

... and Uncle Brent with Stephanie on Mother's Day.

By the way, I was spoiled on Mother's Day- these are tears of absolute love and joy... I know I look sad, but nothing could be further from the truth. Melanie made me some homemade cards and poems filled with love... Brent bought me the most timely and loving gifts that showed me how much he loves and supports me. From the book The Secret, a gratitude journal to write in and a daily 'thought of the day'. I was floored!

1 comment:

  1. your expression reminds me of my favourite wedding photo of yours: the one where brent surprised you with the song and you're shamelessly balling your guts out! i love brent for giving you such a thoughtful mother's day gift!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...