Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend Decadence Part 1- New Spot - Panera

After a very, very, very busy 3 weeks at work, I wanted to spend a weekend with my daughter just enjoying the good things in life. That started with an early morning breakfast at this new restaurant called Panera. I have seen these pop up all over the place and wanted to try it out.

You know, Panera means bread basket in Spanish.

No, I didn't have one of these.... I tried a little cinnamon bagel (although it was huge)- it was a nice treat!

And a delicious, huge cup of Latte.

The place was just a few weeks old, so service was a bit messed up. But it was a nice atmosphere, and the art on the walls is great. It all has to do with bread.

and some more bread art...


...and some bread and bicycle art,

And another- this one is 'rolling the bread dough'.

One of the wonderful side effects of losing all this weight, is the energy I have now. You would think that after weeks of working hard, long hours, I would want to sleep in- but instead I woke at at 7:30am and asked Mella to get dressed and let's try that Panera place and then go pick some flowers before the big crowds!

And of course she said, 'Yes, Mommy, let's go on another adventure'.  This is just part 1..... and we had a blast and got to reconnect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...