Wednesday, May 9, 2012

On a mission to find the best burger!

Growing up, my mom would serve us hamburgers every Saturday night and we would get to watch the Looney Tunes- Bugs Bunny and friends. It was a treat, but for a long while, I was 'tired' of hamburgers. But since we have been eating healthy at home for 7 months now, I started making homemade hamburgers using extra lean ground beef and light cheddar cheese and whole wheat thin buns. It's been great... but I have been watching those shows on the Food Network and they promote restaurants making delicious homemade burgers... so for the past few Saturdays we have tried a few different burger joints that touted making fresh hamburgers with all natual ingredients.

Here's our first stop. Here Certified Burgers. Brent had heard about this restaurant and so we tried it.

I love the graphics on the Diet Coke cup!

So they certify that it is 100% Angus Beef and the wrapping for the burger is cute eh?

Brent took his first bite and he loved it!

This was mine- the small lady size, the bun was good, but to me, the meet was 'pressed' and 'fake' like a Harvey's Hamburger- it's a thumbs down for me. However, we shared a small sweet potato fries- and those were delicious!

Next weekend, we tried the South Street Burger company owned by New York Fries. I had been here a few years ago... but not with the same 'healthy focus'. This time I took the whole family... and it was hit for all.
We got a hamburger, which tasted fresh, homemade, not processed and it was charcoal grilled for us. The condiments they have there were unbelievable. I made mine with lettuce, cucumber, mango chutney and hot peppers with mustard and ketchup- all on whole wheat bun. This was a winner for me!

Here's the BEEF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...