Monday, May 7, 2012

You say it's your birthday??

Well then... let's go to Swirls Cupcakes in Streetsville and pick your favourite cupcake out! That's how we roll at my work... ok it's a tradition that we just started for Nancy's birthday, but Iain was really excited about this, he even sent us an 'Appointment' for our Outlook Calendar for this very lunch time excursion.

No, they're not a couple, we are all just work friends!

Here was the daily selection of fresh cupcakes. Now, I did ask the clerk if they had nutritional information, but none was available... but I do know that they use fresh, wholesome ingredients. This is what I love about my new lifestyle... nothing is really off limits- I just need to make sure I log the information in myfitnesspal and I make it part of my calories for the day and don't eat cupcakes everyday and guess what, the weight just keeps sliding off!

Iain us trying to choose which ones... do you see the bottom right? Those are the Red Velvet with Cream Cheese icing- they are the most popular. Well that was my choice, his choice and Nancy's too. Iain is such a nice guy, he brought 2 home for his Fiancee- Red Velvet of course.

Nancy- the birthday girl... she just wants to eat them all! Look at the clerk looking at her with a nervous smile- (probably thinking... these people are maniacs, they should really get out of the office more often).

We brought some back to work to share with the rest of our colleagues. From left to right, in order of my personal favourites... Red Velvet, Raspberry Cream, Chocolate-Chocolate, Chocolate Oreo, Chocolate Mint. 
Oh and.... Boston Cream, Mango Cream, Vanilla and Lemon Coconut.

Here's Nancy enjoying her's, we wanted to taste a few, so we shared a Red Velvet and Lemon Coconut. Do you like the nice background poster in our lunch room?

Iain and Red Velvet - Part 1.

... and Part 2, oh what a fun time we had. Everyone loves cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...