Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mother's Day- Fun, Flowers and Food

Ok, Part 2 of Mother's Day Celebrations- look at these fun ceramic measuring cups my Mom gave us for Mother's Day. Such colourful and fun kitchen accessories... make baking healthy things a whole lot more fun!


Sister's First Mother's Day!

I gave her one of my favourite book series. Chicken Soup for the Mothers and Daughters Soul.

Ahhhhh, look, doesn't she look like the most caring and loving mother craddling her little girl's head?

I had to get some love too... Little Miss Stephanie holding her ma tante Chantal's polka dot nail. I didn't remember to take pictures because I was so busy with my work and conferences/courses etc... But this red nail had some blue dots- we all wear red shirts at our conference and so I had to match... don't you know.

Ok, how fun does this look, sleeping in your Daddy's arms?

Beautiful flowers my father bought for my mom on Mother's Day. Don't you just love the planter?

Just love those Daisy Gerberas- i LOVE bright orange!

Desert before dinner.... no, not really, but I wanted to share some of these delicious goodies my mother baked. These were awesome!

They are angel food cake cupcakes with a pineapple coconut icing- she topped them off with strawberries to make them even tastier. (healthy recipe to come).

My mom also made these little chocolate cupcakes (healthy ones of course- recipe to come) - don't you just love cupcake papers?

My mother prepared delicious healthy fare. Chicken and Steak kabobs.

Delicious saled with clementines, cranberries, almonds and celery... really yummy!

This was my plate- lots of salad - one skewer of each kind, I had to taste test! A few roasted potatoes and a bit of lemon parsley rice.  It was so delicious and so kind of my mother to host- I wanted to, but with my work demands, it would have been impossible. I THANK YOU so much for this special meal. Father's day, my house!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...