Thursday, August 16, 2012

A few of my favourite summer favourite foods

Corn, I just love corn on the cob, fresh from the farmer's markets in the summer!
So plump and juicy... we just boil it, but I know you can BBQ it too! One day, we might get a little adventurous, but this is how we do it....
... just add a bit of butter and a tiny bit of salt. Of course, Melanie's teeth aren't falling off anymore, but I still have to slice it off for her in a bowl and add a little bit of butter and salt. I love when you get a big chunk sliced off, I always steal it, it's my fee for having to slice it for her. At about 120 calories, with 4 grams of fibre and 5 grams of protein... it's a wonderful side dish.
But here is the other summer favourite. BBQ Chicken, with the burned, crispy bits... so delicious.

Ok, so here's a healthier alternative than a DQ Strawberry Sundae- A small strawberry sundae is about 280 calories and loaded with 55 grams of sugar. Now, what we did at home is we took a half cup of Chapman's vanilla frozen yogurt and a tablespoon of that delicious freezer jam from Sturgeon Falls and it amounts to 150 calories and about 25 grams of sugar. Similar taste but a much healthier alternative, mmm, mmm, good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...