Monday, August 13, 2012

The Food and the Fun in Sturgeon Falls!

Ok, last installement of the Sturgeon Falls Fun Festival!
This time it's the Food and Fun times... I absolutely love fresh strawberries... and even better if someone has picked them for me. So look at what they did just before we got there. They went and picked two giant baskets like this. Ooooh, I was in heaven.

They taste so fresh and sweet like you are bitting into love, and it's perfect that they are shapped like a heart.  I love to eat them just plain and naked like this.


But Paul, Gaetane's husband decided to make some freezer jam which turned out delicious. Here's a photo of some homemade pancakes that Nicolas made with some fresh strawberries and a bit of jam. Can you say 'Berry Heaven'!

Nicolas has always loved cooking and now he is addicted to this cooking show on CBC- In the kitchen with Stefano- and he decided to make a few recipes for us (with the help of his Mom and Dad of course). Here was an absolute decadent bite of love!!!! Bacon wrapped mini potato filled with provolone cheese. I know... crazy, right?

But this is me showing you how to have 'balance' on your plate when these little decadent nuggets come up. See, my vegetables take up half my plate, I have a small scoop of Paul's homemade mac and cheese and then 2 bacon potato explosions!

Next day.... got to work some of that bacon off... so we head off on a boat cruise excursion. It's the Chief Commanda II. It's a beautiful ride on this boat on Lake Nipissing touring the little islands and learning about the history.

We had fun sitting on the very top deck and catching some rays!

... and catching some wind... oooooh, look at the wind in our hair. I promise it wasn't a fan blowing on us.

Melanie and I wandered around the boat and ended up on the second deck and looked down at the water... which made me a little dizzy, so we stopped, turned around and posed... I absolutely love this picture. It was so awesome to be on this adventure with my little girl.

Here she is on the bottom desk checking out the scenery.

And again on the top deck looking over with Nicolas.

Here are the big waves in the back of the boat. So much power... I wonder what the fish think of this....

Oh, I know...the fish wanted to give their life for our dinner that night! That's right... we got some fish and Nicolas and Gaetane made this most delicious walnut crusted fish -another recipe from Stefano. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the best getaway! Your kindness and hospitality was so appreciated. We can't wait to host you at our home... Nicolas, I will have to try and impress you with my recipes this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...