Saturday, August 4, 2012

Healthy Homemade Iced Capp... you won't believe it

So, there are so many beverages out there that 'trick' you into thinking that they are good for you. One of those is 'Frappacino'. It tricks you and says, 'It's hot out there, I am a frozen coffee beverage, I am just like a cup of coffee with ice chunks'- but do not be fooled... an Iced Capp from Tim Horton's has over 250 calories- and it's all sugar. Here, then, I have for you a 'Healthy Alternative' that you can make at home so easily for less than 50 calories (it's just made of milk!)... ok, here's the end of the drink shot for you at least!



Healthy Frappuccinos
(Serves 2)
             2 cups milk of choice
             1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
             2 tsp instant coffee

             1/16 tsp salt (don’t omit)
             sweetener, such as 3 nunaturals stevia packets or Splenda (or 2-3 tablespoons sugar) 
Mix the ingredients together in 1 or 2 ice cube trays. Freeze- (I did overnight). Once frozen, pop the blocks out of the containers. Thaw until just soft enough for your blender to be able to handle it. (I was using my Magic Bullet so I had to let it thaw for almost 1 hour).

Blend each serving individually, until desired slushiness is reached. Pour into two glasses and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...