Wednesday, August 22, 2012

BBQ Turkey Mini Meatloafs

A twist on a little old-time classic. BBQ petite turkey meatloafs.   They look pretty and when I saw the picture of the little meatloafs on Pinterest, I thought... hey maybe I'll get over the bad childhood memories of meatloaf.... I tried, I really did, it tasted good, but the consistency was still 'mushy'. Melanie couldn't handle the mushy, but Brent liked it and I had them and a few leftovers- that's what you do when you are a mom!

Here's the recipe. I found it on one of my favourite websites. Skinnytaste.com. So those of you who like the consistency of meatloaf, will like this for sure. The BBQ sauce and bacon make it taste real good- and the use of turkey really brings the calorie count down.

Bacon topped petite turkey meatloafs
3/4 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
2 tbsp onion, minced
2 tbsp diced red pepper
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
1 large egg
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp kosher salt
1.3 lb raw 93% lean ground turkey
5 slices center cut bacon, cut in half
2 1/2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly spray a petite loaf pan with oil (if you don't have a petite loaf pan you could use a muffin tin).
In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, red pepper, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, egg, paprika and salt. Add the turkey and combine until mixed through.
Create 5 equal loafs and place them into the loaf pan.
Place the 2 bacon halves over each loaf and top each with 1/2 tbsp additional BBQ sauce.
Bake about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Servings: 5  Serving Size: 1 loaf
Calories: 259 • Fat: 10 g • Carbs: 17 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Protein: 25 g • Sugar: 7.6 g

As you can see, I used my square brownie pan.


... et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...