Monday, August 27, 2012

Ikea Dreaming with my Daughter

Today is my little girl's birthday, so I thought I would share with you how my little girl is growing up. I absolutely love Ikea. Since I was a little girl heading off to University (way back in 1986), it's always been a symbol of fresh new beginnings for me. And this time Melanie and I were on a mission to get her a desk chair.... but we made a few stops along the way through the fantasy dreamland of 'pretend' rooms all over the top floor before we had to go to the big warehouse and pick out her pink chair.

This is my little baby pretending that she is in her own apartment- student, studying and loving the white and red... funny thing about the drapes. In my University Bed, I had a duvet cover exactly like those.

This is me pretending to visit my daughter at University and siting on the L part of her coach (don't get this couch-the back is too low).

 This is Melanie pretending to be in her condo, once she graduates and has a real grown up job. Notice the soft drink in this picture too. Relaxing at her big table in her fluffy dining chairs.

 ... and here is the other side of her condo, with the couch and TV of course.

 This is real nice, notice the soft drink again... this could be another condo moment... I love that black and white flower print.... I think it would look nice in my little house.

 Look at this room, full of dots and stripes, bold in deed and the soft drink... of course.

 This would be her room when she's in her condo... we love the LOVE heart with arms! And look Mom... no soft drink!  I just love dreaming at Ikea ... and even better when Melanie comes with me and plays 'imagine if' with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...