Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pate Chinois- nice dish to take to your sister's and other things

What you say??? Pate Chinois (pronouced pah-tee shee-nwa), is a French-Canadian Sheppards Pie. We grew up on this, and to this day it is one of my sister and I's favourite comfort food. So what better dish to bring for her, her husband and her new baby then this.

 I know it doesn't look too great... but it tastes like COMFORT to us!

Pate Chinois (serves 8 people)

1.5 lbs of extra lean ground beef
2 cans of cream corn
4 med-large potatos
milk and butter for the mashed potatos and salt and pepper to taste

That's all you need. Brown your ground beef in a pan. Boil the potatos and then drain them and make mashed potatos. Then in 1 casserole dish (or many little dishes) spread the beef, then the cream corn and then the mashed potatos. To heat up, place in the oven at 350 F for about 25 minutes or the microwave until warmed through.

Nutritional Details: 254 calories, 25g carbs, 8g fat, 21g protein, 2g fibre, 4g sugar (from the cream corn)

So this isn't one of my healthiest food choices, it's a treat! Just serve it with a healthy green salad and you've got all the food groups and good balance.

I made 3 tins for my sister, so her and her husband could have a quick dinner, ready at any time, and of course, my husband said... where's ours? So I made us one as well. 

I was so excited, I decided to bake pink cookies for them too! I brought them purple flowers, and pink cookies and a little Baby Girl balloon to match the cookies (except the cookies look orange-pink like falmingos).
These cookies were delicious, but let me tell you, the recipe is not a 'healthy' one to share on this blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...