Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Brunch- Farm Fresh Eggs

I am lucky. I get to buy my farm fresh, organic, natural, eggs at work.... and no, I don't work at a farm.  Thanks to my colleague Sarah (who's in-laws run a farm) who brings them in for us to buy at work almost every week. I get to take home a dozen fresh eggs a week. They are a great, delicious protein-filled treat because they really do taste sooooooooooooo much better than store bought eggs.  Just ask my family about how much I love Sarah's eggs.
Here we have a nice little typical weekend breakfast/brunch. 2 eggs, over easy, some Stone Mill bakery bread and fresh fruit salad.

Here are some nutritional details about the 'goodness' of eggs detail taken from www.livestrong.com

Two large eggs contain 150 calories, including 12 grams of protein, 2 grams of carbohydrates and 10 grams of fat. Three of those fat grams are saturated fat. Two eggs also contain 426 milligrams of cholesterol.
The protein in eggs is a complete protein; it contains all of the amino acids necessary as building blocks in the body.
Fat-soluble Vitamins:
Two eggs supply approximately 15 percent of the recommended daily intake for vitamin A. Eggs are also one of the few dietary sources of vitamin D, which is needed for calcium absorption.
Water-soluble Vitamins:
Eggs are also an excellent source of some B vitamins, with two eggs providing 16 percent of the recommended daily intake of B12. B12 is necessary for a healthy nervous system.
Minerals:
Eggs also supply numerous minerals including selenium, sodium, iodine, calcium and phosphorus. The phosphorus in eggs comes from lecithin, which is a fatty substance important for proper brain function.


Every time I eat them, I have to say it out loud... Yum, Sarah, I just love your eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...