Monday, September 24, 2012

First hit of Disney World... they go all out!

I am still overwhelmed with it all. Coming back from this awesome trip and starting back to work and school and trying to jump back on the healthy lifestyle band wagon again - it has all snowballed into my life right now... so in order to make sue I am making enough time for all the very important people and places in my world... I will be still blogging, but not necessarily everyday, maybe every other day... but I promise I will keep you up to date on all the amazing happenings in my world.

Sooooo, back to my fantasy come true... When first walked up to our hotel, this is what we saw...

Our resort was the Pop Century Resort, so we were bombarded by the decades, check out these giant sculptures. We stayed in the '60's part of the resort, groovy baby!

 The lobby was awesome! This was the giant gift shop and cafeteria. We spent A LOT of time in there, souvenirs, breakfast, and of course... those refillable mugs!

The lobby was like a museum, the walls were adorned with memorabilia from each decade. So this was the 90's- of note- the laptop and those electronic games...
 
Oh, yeah baby, the '80's, that's my decade! Everything here reminds me of my teenage years. The Simon game (yes, I know Julie, I still need to get it back from Melissa from 1981). The Trivial Pursuit- I loved that game and sooo enjoyed playing with my mom. The Cabbage Patch and the Rubik's cube, the Jane Fonda workout... oh yeah Sam... remember your project about her and you had to dress up like her and wear purple leg warmers! Oh, and don't forget the Dr. Scholls sandals. I had jean coloured ones... oh, the memories.

 And what about the '70's? And the disco outfits and the Big Wheel.

 
 The '60's withthe peace, love, hippies and walking on the moon and the Beatles!

 And finally the '50's with the Malt shop with and the jukebox and the bowling.... LOVE!

 After a long walk, and I do mean LONG... (got my exercise for sure), we got to our cute little room and we were hit with Disney... on the bedspreads...

 ... the little shampoo... and look at those ears!

  and the soap....

... and then under my feet, the carpet... Mickey is everywhere.... a magical start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...