Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dream Shopping in Oakville

My sister and our little girls took some time to do some dream shopping in Oakville on a gorgeous summer day- when you see this store, you'll know what I am talking about.

 Melanie, my superstar shopper, ready for this fun time together.

 Of course, we have to start the trip off with a little cafe latte at our favourite Greenbean. Our little girls can't wait for the adventure.

 Melanie gets to smoochin' with a mannequin.

 Then some gorgeous flowers on the way....

... a real big closeup of this gorgeous flower.

 Some more flowers, these ones are orchids and they are so delicate looking, almost like art.

Ok, now here we are on the way to the shopping event. This is an old bank downtown Oakville which has now been converted to a store- Anthropologie. This is a 2 story mecca of fashion for ladies and their homes. I had read about this store in fashion magazines and seen that this is where 'Superstars' shop, and now it's in my 'hometown', wow... we're famous too! Here's Julie, Melanie and Stephanie running across the street to get the adventure started.

Well, we walk in and I feel like I have been transported to a place where peace and colour live together in harmony. It's like a museum of softness and nature, spiked with colour- there are giant art murals, wooden floors, pops of colour and amazing clothes, accessories and home furnishings - all a little above my budget, but that's OK for now, I feel like it's a museum.

Melanie checks some skirts out while I am in awe of the amazing, mini-triangular shaped -floor to ceiling sculpture that looks like falling leaves.

 There's beautiful bowls...

 Some stuff in my budget... flower paper clips.

This most awesome book. My dream is to go to Paris one day with my daughter. I love colour, and this book was made for me... Mom, if you need a Christmas present idea for me... this is the coffee table book that was made for me!!!

 Cute little, and I mean little, salt and pepper shakers.

 Here's some fun kitchen ideas, affordable too. A coffee mug- C for Chantal.

 A French Vanilla Cappuccino mug - J for Julie.

 ... and a juice mug- M for Melanie.

Upstairs was more gorgeous stuff, great smelling candles, trinket jars and that's where the sales are.!.. One day I will shop there for clothes, on sale of course. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...