Thursday, February 23, 2012

Celebrating with Family Birthdays

We were invited to my sister and brother-in-law's home to celebrate my Mom and my brother-in-law's birthday... and guess what.... Not only do I not 'fear' social situations, I look forward to them because I can share some of my 'healthy' recipes with my family. I offered to make 'light' quiches and 'skinny red velvet cupcakes' for the party (you saw those previously).

Pretty Presents (in green).

Pretty Sisters (in green).

Pretty Pregnant sister at 35 weeks (against a green wall). Guess what colour they painted the baby's room.... GREEN!

Julie had us fill in a cute little baby 'guessing' sheet that her girlfriends made for her.

Julie's due date is March 19, so I guessed March 23 and a boy named Joey and Melanie guessed March 22 and a girl named Angelina.

So I made a chicken, broccoli and light cheddar cheese quiche with milk (no cream) and another ham and light cheddar for those afraid of broccoli. They turned out pretty good.  Julie made a beautiful green salad with veggies and mangos and a broccoli salad with grapes and nuts and light mayo. It was delish! Look  at me filling 3/4 of my plate with veggies... good job, because you know the skinny red velvet cupcakes are coming next!

My Dad and Barrie quiching it up!

My Mom and Julie chewing, nice eh!

The Hallidays, Tea, Salad and Whole Wheat baguetting it!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...