Saturday, February 4, 2012

Eclectic Walking Music Shuffle- Super Walking the Next Night

The night after the big storm, I went for a walk by myself with my music. Let me tell you... I felt like a rock star- like Jillian Michaels- like I could kick someone's ass with my pink walking boots. I have shared with you that, as I am losing the weight, I am walking faster and faster... well now I have to walk into brand new neighbourhoods to make it a 30 minute walk. When I started this new healthy lifestyle, I could barely walk 15 minutes and last night, I was walking fast, real fast for me... When I walked in the past, I felt my shoulders hurting, like my big arms were weighing them down. Well, not anymore, they didn't hurt... ok, but what did hurt a bit were my hips (from fast walking) and my knee, from a past injury (had to ice it when I got home). WOOHOO! I was an Olympian!

It was all fueled by some weird and awesome eclectic walking music. See, have a look.

Faithfully (old Journey Song)- Glee, slow start... 'I'm forever yours, faithfully'

Last Night a DJ saved my Life - Mariah Carey, this had a great walking beat, like I was a runway model, 'Shake that ass and show me what you got', oh yeah baby!

Used to- Daughtry, nothing to do with my life, but he is just so cute!

Wanna be Startin'- Michael Jackson, oh, when the 'Mama say, Mama sa, Mama tu sa' come on I started 'power race walking', it was a perfect fast beat and it just had me so PUMPED! And the best is that when I got home, I turned on Glee and what song did the show start with? Yup, you guessed it- Wanna be Startin' - it was the Michael Jackson episode. It was the best performance and I had the volume up so high, singing like a maniac, when it was done I screamed, AGAIN!!! My daughter was so embarassed!

Bottles and Cans - Angie Stone, like she says, she'd rather be picking bottles and cans and be poor if she could still be with her man.

Ribbon in the Sky- Stevie Wonder, such nice words, and a nice cool down song, 'We can't lose with God on our side, We'll find strength in each tear we cry...' it's ok to cry!

I also want to share that I have working with an amazing life coach- Szos St-Germain. Check out his website, he is an awesome person, coach and really gets me. Blossom into Self - Co-Active Coaching. He is helping me in countless ways to deal with the changes I want to make permanently in my life- my main focus through it all, is that I never want to lose my 'FIRE', my passion,  and to make this a forever change.  Well last week, during our talk, I was mentioning that since my focus had to change for the past 2 weeks for the wedding show, I got out of the routine of doing 'exercise'- walking. So he helped me to make it a priority in my life, promising that I would go for at least 3, if not 4, walks a week. Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. And to help me, I was to Pin on Pinterest a Board of happy, walking, energizing images- remembering that when I walk outside, I feel energized, by the sun, the wind, the snow. Check it out, I call it my 'Just Do It' board.

I also made a real 'vision board' for my home too. A visual to help me share with my family my goals of walking, and the fact that it's part of my life- if not theirs too.  Our family favorite is for sure.... 'You are what you eat... that's strange, I don't think I've eaten any sexy beasts today...'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...