Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It was a Great Super Bowl Weekend!

Although I am 'soooo' not into watching sports on TV, my husband loves it. It's like me and the Food Network, it's the first thing he turns on!  So this past weekend, as you may know, was the Superbowl. I was in the neighbourhood of a Whole Foods and I knew I wanted to get a little treat this weekend for my family.  Well, check out what I stumbled upon...

FOOTBALL CUPCAKES!!!!

First of all, the price was incredible. These cupcakes were delicious, and the ingredients were pretty much 'clean'- not 100%, but close. And I couldn't resist the cuteness of the footballs, it was a treat.

I bought, a chocolate, a vanilla and another chocolate with chocolate icing for me. They fought for the vanilla cupcake...who fights for vanilla???? Oh yeah, my friend Sam would!  But anyways, mine was delicious, I think it was made in heaven, it was sooooooooo decadent. The chocolate was so deep and dark it was wowarrific! Okay, so when I went to log it onto myfitnesspal.com, I found out it was 420 calories, but I had a very light lunch and nice dinner, so it all worked itself into my daily calorie limit. But let me tell you, the next morning I woke up starving. It was 420 very empty calories, you know, sugar and white flour and butter and sour cream.

I did some food styling here. Brent had the Patriots and Giants hats and so it was an ode to food and football. He wanted the Patriots to win, and is very supersticious about wearing the right shirts and not getting it dirty.... so don't tell him, but I think the Patriots lost because I got icing on his Patriots hat and just wipped it off.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...