Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feeding my Face

Ok, no, it's not what you think. It's not about food, it's about nutrition for my face. You see, my sweet parents gave me a 'Facial' gift certificate for Christmas and I have been dying to use it. Since I have started taking care of my body on the inside, I also started taking care of my body on the outside. I have started wearing makeup and trying to show the world that 'hey, look at me, I am taking care of myself and my pretty, made-up face proves it'. Kind of funny but true. Well, I started noticing that my skin was very dry and I was so excited to get this pampering treatment.

This is the before shot.... very nice salon, one my mom frequents a lot.

Picture me lying here for an hour being cleansed, peeled, masked, picked, rubbed, creamed... you know, a facial! It was wonderfully relaxing, and I found out I have combination skin, with very sensitive cheeks, oh my! 
That's me after my treatment, bare, happy, exfoliated and shinny.

So after my treatment, I was going to Whole Foods and thought I would start taking care of my skin in a 'Whole, Clean' way, no more Pond's cream. Let me then introduce you to the Green Beaver! I had to ask the help of a beauty expert at the store and this is what she recommended for my 'sensitive' skin. Don't you just love the name? It's, of course, Canadian made of 100% natural materials here in Ontario. So I bought the purifying grapefruit cleanser an the aloe and green tea moisturizer. So I like the cleanser's smell, but the green tea mositurizer needs some getting used to, and it's 'thin', I'm used to a thicker feeling cream on my face, but my face is looking nice and shinny, in a good way!

I also saw this lip stuff, don't you love the name 'Kiss my Face'. So I picked up this Amethyst colour and I was excited to read that it had pepperment oil (the stuff that makes your lips tingle) and shea butter and coconut oil, all things that are good for your lips.

Came home and opened up my packages and smelled and tested them.

Oh joy!!! I put my new Kiss my Face lip stuff on and it was 'tingly' and not too dark, but just a hint of Amethyst.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...