Thursday, February 9, 2012

This is what girls at my house do on Superbowl Sunday- Apple Nachos

Like I mentioned before, I am not much for watching the big game or the day long of  'Pre-Game' Show. So Melanie, my sister and I went shopping and then came back home to do some crafting. But the 'piece de resistance' was our fantastic Apple Nachos.

Yup, went to Ardene and stocked up on Flip Flops, Melanie convinced me that it wasn't too early, "They are only $10 for 5 pairs Mom!"

Then the Flip Flops went for a walk...

And there is my gorgeous sister, she is beautiful at 7 1/2 months pregnant! I guess the only crafty part of this is that she has a tree/baby growing in her belly... and that is pretty crafty and creative, let me tell you!

Melanie put nice accessories in her and her doll's hair!

This was my craft. I saw this Pin on Pinterest, what a great idea. Szos, my coach gave me this as my homework this week. It's a great visual to see the progress you have accomplished on your weight loss journey. One jar contains Pounds to Lose and the other, Pounds Lost, Yeah!

Melanie made cups for herself too. But she was alot more creative with the sticky letters. LOL, ROFL, I Love Katy Perry, Rihanna... LMFAO, I'm sexy and I kow it! I say, "Whatever motivates you Mella'! 


And now here they are.... I know you had to read all through the stuff that girls do at my house on Superbowl Sunday, but it was worth it, right? .... Apple Nachos. Wow, did I impress the pants off of Brent and Melanie. Not only do these look impressive but they are filled with good for you ingredients. The best ever Superbowl Desert!




Ingredients:
3 crispy and slightly tart apples (we honeycrisp! yum…)
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
For these, I sliced up some apples thin enough so it would be easy to eat the slice in one or two bites. I also lightly spritzed the apples with lemon juice to keep them from browning too fast.
Then I melted some peanut butter–until it was super runny–and drizzled it all over the apples. Next, I topped the apples and peanut butter with unsweetened flaked coconut, sliced almonds, a few pecans and, of course, chocolate chips. And finally, I drizzled a little more peanut butter onto the plate.
Couldn’t get much easier! Be sure to eat these with your hands, just like real nachos. :)
Serves 6
Nutritional Information:
221 calories
31g carbs
11g fat
4g protein
5g fibre
21g sugar






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...