Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Soupy Sundays- Delicious Roasted Red Pepper Soup and Greek Salad

Well this weekend was packed full of fun, movies, sleepovers and getting back to our routine of walking and cooking all weekend long. Let me tell you, it was great to get back to it all. I had to focus on my 'beads' for the past 2 weeks, now it's a focus back on 'me' and my family and doing good for you, healthy, family things. So this weekend I wanted to make a soup I knew was delicious, one that I had made before, 'Nancy's Roasted Red Pepper Soup'.

It was still delicious. And I am enjoying still enjoying the leftovers this week!

I served it with a delicious Greek Salad. Which I found out was Brent's second favourite salad- first one being Ceasar Salad.

I took some spring mix, iceberg lettuce, red and green pepper, tomato, cucumber, Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese. But not the feta that is made with the goat milk, yuk, I don't like goat tasting cheese at all- it's too sharp and makes my mouth pucker.  I like the Tre Stelle brand that comes pre-crumbled. I used a Walmart Greek with Feta dressing to dress it all together. I dressed it and tossed it all together and it put in the fridge to let all the flavours marinate for about 30 minutes.  

I needed to add a little crunch with this meal so I found these nice Pita Crisps by 'in snax'. They are pretty crunchy, a bit dry, so they would be good with things like hummus or peanut butter.
  
You can have about 8 crisps for 100 calories.
  
And they are made with some wholesome ingredients- pita bread, sunflower oil, spices...sugar and fructose appear near the end of the list, so there is very little of it.

Here's the nutrional information for this meal:
561 calories
70g carbs
23g fat
15g protein
5g fibre
15g sugar



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...