Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bags... for the healthy walking/traveling girl

So you know, I have been moving around lately- walking, planning big summer trips across the continent and super long weekend getaways. So I headed to the mall looking for a rolling backpack actually, but I found much more... I went into the store and the nice store clerk greeted me right away. She was really nice and asked if she could help me. I told her I was looking for a rolling backpack for my trip. She asked where I was going, so I told her Disney World. Then she shared that she was just recently and how awesome it was. Here's a little 'Magic' moment, she says 'you know it's really magical, dreams to really come true'. I was like....  I know, I can't wait to take my daughter for the first time in her life.

See this great lime green quilted weekend bag? Well it's been in my dreams for about 10 years. I remember going to Winners a long time ago and seeing a gorgeous bright orange weekend bag- quilted and luscious like this one. But at that time, I couldn't justify a travel bag, I had no where to go, but I have always regretted not buying it back then. I still remember it. Now, to me, bright orange and lime green are in the same brightly electric colours that make you want to kiss them... So when I saw this bag, knowing I was traveling a lot this summer. I just had to buy it- it was on sale and the clerk mentioned that it was buy one get one at 50% off.
So here comes one of the reasons I went into the mall- the rolling backpack. Since I am going to be the one dragging, the drinks, sunscreen, hats and snacks at Disney World, as the rides that spin or move make me want to vomit, I knew I didn't want to carry a backpack because it will be very, very hot then. So I wanted to get a cute girly backpack, and look what I found. The best part is that Melanie is going to walk to school next year, so she can use this after we return. She just thought it was so cool... we actually have already used it!
Ok, sorry, I forgot, the real reason I went to Bentley was to get a cool Fanny Pack- if that's at all possible. You see, sometimes, during my morning walks, I need to lock the door, and I have kleenex and my music with me too- and in the summer I don't have a hoodie or jacket and my walking pants don't have pockets- so I went into the store and literally asked for a 'cool' fanny pack.  I know right??? So cool- the coolest, is that it fit my waist- snuggly- but it fit. It certainly would not have fit a year ago. And it was a 'fake' Guess with zebra and crocodile and a big G - for Groovy Baby!!! Brent thinks I look like a Gramma from Florida- but that's his issue- I think I am a fashionista!

So, you may be wondering, what does this have to do with the law of attraction? Well, as I am paying at the checkout, the clerk asked if I would like to donate $0.75 to the charity that Bentley supports. She starts telling me how they collect donations and with their Dreams Take Flight charity, they send physically, mentally or socially challenged children to Disney World. I couldn't believe my ears! I of course donated and received a big reusable bag in return. But WOW, what a coincidence- Disney World for me and these deserving children. Here check it out- http://www.onlinebags.com/en/our-contributions

Remember, there are no coincidences  Everything that happens to you, both good and bad, is something you're attracting.

"In the magical universe there are no coincidences and there are no accidents. Nothing happens unless someone wills it to happen.”

 William S. Burroughs quotes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...