Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sushi Sushi, Thank You Thank You!

I love the friendships I have with the people I work with. Kelly and I who share birthdays 3 days apart decided that we would take each other out for our Birthdays- our favourite little Sushi place... then it grew into May, April and July Birthday friends too. Check out the fun we had below!
Here I am (with my camera case) with Lily (May) and Nancy (April).
And Kelly (June)- the master mind behind the plan, Iain (July) and Kim (May). So we went and ordered lots of food... and good healthy choices were part of it too.
All you can eat at Sushi Sushi- Yum Yum!
I had to take a picture of the ginger because I have friends who are crazy for it. Kim and Kelly love it so much we had to order 3 extra servings of it. Not me though, to me it burns my month.
Ok, this was not a healthy choice, but when you are sharing it with 6 others, a bite is all you need. I think it was called a Sushi pizza, but it was a fried rice cake with crab on top with spicy mayo and little veggies. Delicious new favourite.
Here's a healthy choice I always love- steamed and salted Edemame.
Ok, now back to the not so healthy tempura plate. My favourite is the sweet potato- just had a few.
My friends enjoyed some imitation crab and salmon sushi... me not so much- I like the rolls...
... and I love these. They are beef wrapped asparagus - grilled and drizzled with teriyaki sauce.. awesome creation!
And here is there little sister, Miss Salmon wrapped asparagus spears!
Ok, now, here come the action shot. Here is one of my favourite pictures ever. Lily inhaling a tempura shrimp... she looks like the poster girl for the restaurant!
Oh yeah, these friends like the raw stuff.... the best though, is that they all 'pose' for me and pretend while I take the perfect shot. I am so grateful that they support my passion... and I have even inspired Iain to start taking pictures of his culinary adventures. He comes back from the weekend and shares with me his photos and stories about the fantastic food he created or enjoyed out in the big city.
Ok, here's Kim enjoying her mango a little too much...so happy she could make it to our lunch after her busy morning appointment.
Here's me devouring my favourite little nugget- beef wrapped asparagus. Loving it so much that my eyes are going to eat it!
Here's Nancy who is more used to a North American palate. So here she is enjoying a spring roll, but wait...
... we convinced Nancy to try a California roll... and she did it... and of course- we had to capture it! Good job Nancy!
Here are some of my fav's - California Rolls, Tempura Spicy Tuna...
Tempura shrimp rolls... for the whole table of course.
These were my favourite though- with the seaweed on the outside.
So I got a real close up picture for you... I forget the name, but I think it was Dynamite Roll. Oh yeah baby, that's what's fun... going with all your friends for a little bite of everything. That's how I roll... get it, roll??? Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...