Sunday, July 15, 2012

Canada Day Morning Magnificence Party

There you have it, I love Canada! What an awesome country we live in. So when we had an opportunity to meet with our 'tea party' friends on Canada Day in the morning... I said for sure... and it became a pool party decorated with red and white and full of 'red' themed foods.

These pins say it all!

I made 'Healthy' double chocolate mini pancakes with a raspberry coulis and berries on top. It was a hit and Melanie almost drank the coulis from the bowl! I will share the recipe with you in a few days!

I also made 'low fat' mini cheesecakes with a raspberry swirl... but instead of a swirl, I tried to make a maple leaf with the raspberry coulis. But guess what... they kinda look like trees or scarecrows??? But it's the effort that counts and they tasted so good- recipe to come in a few days!

I had some festive Canada Day napkins and giant red peppers dancing around.

Jenny and Szos brought some delicious stuff- this salad was great - made with beets, cilantro, blueberries and walnuts- I just picked the goat cheese off. I tried it to make Jenny happy... but it still tasted like the farm.

Szos made his absolutely delicious guacamole and brought some delicious blue nacho chips made by Neal Brothers... they were real good- Georgia's so cute, she calls them 'crackers'.

I used one of new favourite Pampered Chef gadgets- this cooling tray- I will show you more later but basically those green trays are frozen and you can place your eggs/cheese on it and then there is a plastic tray set you can put on top and place your veggies and dip... instead, I put fruits everywhere. Red grapes, red cherries, white old cheddar cheese- it's a Canadian Flag in food- and then a bit of yellow/orange with the mangos and deviled eggs - it was brunch- so you are supposed to have eggs. They tasted good, but I can't make them pretty like my friend Gaetane does.

Here's Captain Canada - Brent- I think he devoured the guacamole.

Here's the 'Great Canadian Moose Man' - Szos, an awesome coach, friend and spirit!

Here's the pool party part... Melanie was giving a foot soak/pedicure? to Georgia who had been in the pool but was a little cold... she was sitting this one out.

What a beautiful face... this is 'I am a frozen Popsicle sitting on the side of the pool wrapped up in a towel' but I am not giving up... I will be jumping back in... just give me a few minutes!

It's like, everyone has to pose with the Bieb's... Ok, no, I made them pose, because Jenny's cute outfit matched the poster. And Georgia is a big fan- in fact we usually have a dance party- put this was a little different twist on our traditional tea party! I love these people, they have enriched my world in so many ways and continue to dazzle me with their passion for all the great things we have available to us in the Universe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...