Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Band-Aid

You’re probably asking, ‘Why do you have a picture of a Band-Aid Chantal?’. Well let me tell you, this picture symbolizes triumph, progress and a change for the better!
I recently had to do some blood work, and it has always been a hard task, you see, they can never find my veins- I have deep veins, plus they were always buried under 65.6 lbs of fat. Usually, they poke around on both arms, can’t find anything… I am made to feel like a human pin cushion and they give up looking and take blood from the back of my hand (ouch) with the baby butterfly needle. But this time was different. I was practicing “The Secret” – the law of attraction and “The Power”- Love and the “The Magic”- Gratitude. Can you tell I am a Rhonda Byrne fan???
 I was in the lineup at 6:30 in the morning writing in my gratitude journal- as I finished, I sent love to all the people in the lineup, to the nurses, to the process. I get called up and I give love to the blood drawing that has been in the past-that has taken so long- and then I give love to the nurse, to the process again. I sit down on the chair and notice that I fit nicely in the chair- yeah! And I notice her name tag- Minda, and I send love to Minda as she is poking around my arm looking for veins, and she pokes and says is the other arm like this too… I say yes, the veins are in there- and we both giggle… and she continues looking on the same arm and she finds one, she thinks, so I close my eyes and give her even more love as she sticks the needle in and BINGO! She found one, I have never been happier in the blood clinic in all of my life.

I had to share this picture because I was so proud that the Band-Aid was in my arm, that giving love and positive thoughts to a situation can change it around and be awesome… the proof is in the ‘Band-Aid’.

1 comment:

  1. you just made me cry! i've said it already, but i just love being on this ride with you and hearing the intimate thoughts, challenges, and victories you experience! i "get" what a big deal this band-aid is. thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...