Monday, July 16, 2012

Canada Day Elegant Evening Event

After our awesome Canada Day Bruncy Pool Party, Melanie and I had plans to bring one of her best friends to see the fireworks at Port Credit Harbour. This was Melanie and I's second year and this was Megan's first time ever seeing fireworks!

Cheese in red and white and hey.... how come the girls didn't give me Canada Day face 'tatoo'. Mmmm?

Here are the 2 besties... what a wonderful girl she is, full of love an confidence- an awesome friend for Melanie to learn from- she was so grateful for having been invited and for me buying them a little ice cream treat. I have never seen anyone- young or old- be so grateful for the little things we take for granted. What an awesome pay pack in gratitude... my new vibe!

Here I am, red and white and waving the flag. But what you don't see if that I am sitting in, and fitting comfortably in one of those folding camping chairs. For the first time since they've become popular- about 10 years ago- I am not afraid to sit in one of these chairs, not afraid to break it, not afraid to get out of it either. And able to get out of it without anyone pulling my big ass out of it... like last year at the beach. I got up and down many times and felt so freakin' proud! Yeah to my new body!... and what about the walk to get to the park. Last year when Melanie and I went, we had to park far away and it was a big hike to get there. This year, I just told the girls we would probably be parking far away and we would need to walk a lot, so wear your good walking shoes. And as I predicted, we had to park 5 blocks away at the Go Train parking lot. And guess what... it was a breeze for me to walk with my fit legs and heart and I was even carrying a chair.  What a triumph!!!

There's my gorgeous Canadian Princess with the sun setting on her while she waits for the fireworks to start.


Ok, almost starting, it's getting dark and the girls are beaming with anticipation!

Like last year, they started, LOUD and PROUD. But this year I was able to easily get up for the National Anthem. They were incredible and lasted about 20 minutes. The girls were so excited, covering theirs ears, and watching them look up in amazement was just awesome.
I love fireworks, to me they signify a celebration, an awesome party in the sky for God to see from us humans being so grateful to be here on this planet!

But my absolute favourite is sitting with a crowd of thousands and hearing everyone around you - including myself- saying 'OOOOHHH, AHHHHH' every time they pop! I am proud to be Canadian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...