Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fuchsia Fancy Nails- My first attempt at Konad Nail Art Stamping

So I did it! I used the fancy Konad Nail Art Metal Plate Design thingy. It was a bit of a challenge, but like everything in my life now... I just don't give up!
This was my birthday present to myself- so I had to test it out. It was fun... I recommend you do it when you have a good hour to relax!

Here's the set up. 2 nail polish colours, stamper, scrapper, metal plate, pointy q-tips, nail polish remover... and water for the artist- Me! Start off by applying a base colour- just one coat of the Zoya- Reagan colour.

Then, when that coat is dry, let the games begin! Dab a few drops of the colour you want the design in on top of the pattern on want.
Scrape it off with the scrapper- this step reminds me of silk screening in grade 10 art class.

Immediately after, press the rubber stamper over the image right away...

... then roll it onto your finger, clean the metal plate right away with nail polish remover, then re-do all the steps again.... Ok, it's labour intensive, but I love creating! Take another pointy Q-tip and clean around the nail.
I used the Zoya- Wednesday colour- but it was too thin- you really are supposed to use the Konad nail polish on top because it is made thicker. (which I had to order as an addendum to my birthday present to myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...