Saturday, July 28, 2012

First Dinner on the Patio- What a treat!

Ok, I have been waiting a few weeks to post these pictures... but I wanted to share them with you still. Our first Dinner on the Patio this summer. I took out our favourite plastic dishes, so colourful and festive- they just make you want to put fun, healthy food on your plate.
Brent BBQ'd some chicken breast, a staple around our house! He is a master at getting the perfect 'doneness' on these.

Polka dot plates, stripped platters...oooooh I love it!

I served a nice salad with almonds, cucumbers and blueberries and threw in a few organic croutons for Melanie.

Here's my family enjoying their first bites outside. Guess why I am happy to share these photos with you though? Do you know that last year we didn't eat outside once- not one single time! It was too hot, too humid, I couldn't fit comfortably in the chairs... I couldn't be bothered. Every time Brent suggested it I would come up with an excuse.  Well this year, we are out there whenever we can! I have beautiful planters back there, I chopped down some dead tree/weeds so my pretty flowers could be showcased. I am working on my tan and doing pool aerobics whenever I can. It feels GREAT! and no, I am not Tony the Tiger. I am just a fit, alive, healthy-eating/living woman! Roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...