Sunday, January 29, 2012

Healthy Snack Alternative- Pretzels and Chocolate

You're probably saying.... WHAT? Well, apart from the salt, pretzels are a pretty healthy snack. They have very little fat, and because they are so crunchy, I find that you need very little to 'fill you up'. This was a nice way to feel like I was having a decadent snack.

Here you have a small bowl of pretzels- 17 of these little babies are 110 calories (I had about 13 in my bow) and some melted dark and delicious chocolate. I took a square and a half of the Lindt Excellence 70% cacao dark chocolate and microwaved it until it was nice and melted. Then I dipped the little bits of pretzels in the melted chocolate- yummmm! But what was even better was that Brent walked by with a bowl of strawberries... and that was even better dipped in the the hot chocolate. You only need a little bit of chocolate and let me tell you, it was like a fondue party on my lap (I was sittiing watching the Bachelor- I know, trashy!!!).  I think these would be even better if you dipped the ends in the chocolate and then put them on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet in the fridge. They would come out delicious and with a 'hard' chocolate coating.

Here's the nutrional information:
168 calories
21g carbs
 8g  fat
 3g protein
 2g fibre
 3g sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...