Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Craft Corner- Hearts Time!

After many weeks of beading and then the big Show, I had to find another creative outlet. I used my new- found love of Modge Podge and the now empty spots on my bathroom walls to create these new Valentine's Heart Wall Hangings.

Remember, at Christmas time I had the Christmas tree ones? Well this is what is now adorning my 'Chocolate Milk' coloured bathroom walls (that really was the name of the paint). I used heart-shapped cookie cutters to trace some hearts on the back of some scrapbooking papers. I love that they are not all red, like all the rest of my Valentine's Day house decorations.

They kind of look like they are danding a little bit, eh?  If you recall from last time, all you do is Modge Podge the canvas first, then Modge Podge the back of your shapes and place them on the canvas. Then Modge Podge on top of your shapes, making sure you seal all edges, then one final coat of Modge Podge all over the canvas to finish the wall hanging.  My goal is to make some of these Modge Podge canvas' for every celebration/season. Next up, Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...