Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Teach your children well...

Well, over the past 4 months Melanie has been with me, side by side, making this lifestyle change, getting to know what foods are good for you and how to make sure to eat from all the food groups.  Since I was going to be very busy last weekend beading away for the big Wedding Show this weekend, I told Melanie and Brent that I was gonna hang up my cooking hat this weekend (well almost, I baked 2 dozen banana dark chocolate muffins for my booth babes this weekend) and that they would be in charge of the meals.  Brent made some chicken and some soup which was very lovely. But he's used to cooking and all that. But what surprised me the most was that Melanie wanted to make lunch for us.

She took the new cookbook she got for Christmas and started looking through, flipping pages and putting little flags on the recipes she was interested in. She asked if we had the ingredients she needed and got a little help for the cooking part (Turkey Bacon) and she presented us with this-

Turkey Club Sandwich

She took whole wheat bread, put some light mayonnaise (I just love the she pronounces mayonnaise), she put some romaine lettuce, some deli turkey and some turkey bacon slices. She then put a toothpick on top of the sandwich to hold it all together. But the BEST, was the piece of turkey, rolled up on the side of the plate with it's own toothpick... so gourmet! Then she cut up a pear and put it around the side of the plate and also put a little yogurt -already opened for my convenience- and a spoon.

I was floored, so touched by how thoughfully she plated our lunch and even more- how she included all the food group. I was a proud mama for sure. And by the way, it was delicious!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...