Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quick Dinner Idea- Omelette and Salad

There are many nights in the week where I need to make a quick dinner for the family. It needs to be nutritious and delicious too. That's when I turn to my old standby...Omelette and Salad. It's so easy because it's flexible... you can throw into it whatever you have in your fridge and whatever your little fussy family likes.  This week I had low fat cheddar cheese and blackforest ham.

The way I do it is - 2 eggs per person, add a bit of milk, whisk it up and then add your ingredients like cheese, meat, veggies. Spray a large pan with Pam and then pour the egg mixture in. I let it cook on the bottom, kind of splitting it into quarters then I flip each quarter and voila! You have 4 little omelettes. They make nice little sandwiches on whole wheat toast with a bit of butter and nice for leftovers for lunch the next day. It warms up well in the microwave.  I then add a nice bright, fresh salad....remember, you eat with your eyes! This is the simplest too... take some spring mix, cut a few berries, add some almonds or seeds, then a little Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette- you don't need a lot.

Here's the nutrional information for this meal:

465 calories
37g carbs
25g fat
27g protein
 7g fibre
10g sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...