Monday, January 23, 2012

Longo's Panini Lunch- Healthy Alternative

My healthy living journey is not lived in a bubble. Meaning.... real life happens. So on weekends I still have to run and around and do errands and go here and there and everywhere and sometimes you can pack your lunch or your snacks, but sometimes you need to eat out and making healthy choices out there in this 'fast food world' can be a challenge. Now in the past, the answer would have been a quick McDonald's or some other unhealthy 'crap'. 
All that has changed... now I look for healthier, whole food options. Less processed with natural ingredients. Well recently we ended up at Longo's and had to have lunch, so we were floored by all the choices they had. Fresh salad bar, fresh sushi, fresh hot dishes, fresh made pizza and my personal favorite- Panini sandwhich.
I chose a delicious combination of turkey, roasted tomatoes, provolone and lettuce. Not your average everyday sandwhich. Visit their website http://www.longos.com/ and you can actually view their recipes and even their magazines online. I already know what I want to make next- Whole wheat pumkin scones.
Washed it down with this beverage- Fuze Shape- only 20 calories. Tasted like a kind of Fruitopia.


I guess it's know for it's vitamins and minerals. Vitamin C and Chromium to be exact. I know that it contains sucralose- an artificial sweetener- and I am trying to stay away from the chemicals. But it was something I just wanted to try. Next time, I'll choose water.

Melanie chose her favorite. Arthur's Smoothies in Verry-Berry.


Check out the ingredients. Completely natural, no additives or preservatives. A mom likes that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...