Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Healthy Alternative- Taco Night

So thanks to my dear friend Iain who told me about this new way of making 'Healthy Tacos'. Instead of buying those pre-made, high fat, crunchy boxed tacos, you can use soft whole wheat flour tortillas.

Check it out...


You fry up your taco meat, shred your low fat cheddar cheese, get your fry pan ready and you are set. Just spray down the pan with some 'Pam' and place your tortilla in the pan, add your meat and cheese and fold it in two, you can make about 3 at a time if you have a large enough pan. Keep them warm in the oven as you mass produce them for your family.

To serve with it,  I was going to make my first attempt at making Guacamole, but my avocado was too hard and I cut my finger, but since I had already cut my tomato, onion and cilantro, I squirted some lime and I called it 'Fresh Salsa'.




I served it with these delicious, all natural Tortialla chips on the side.




Back to the 'Taco'... So once you have them all done, you get to cut them into wedges and then you open them up with the nice melted cheese inside and stuff them with lettuce, sour cream, fresh made salsa or anything else your little heart desires. See...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...