Sunday, November 6, 2011

Soupy Sundays- Chicken Veg and Noodle Soup

This weekend was busy with fun, adventure and great friends... but never too busy to make my weekly soup on Sunday. This week's delicious soup:

Chicken Veg and Noodle Soup (adapted from my friend Nancy's recipe)


1 large onion
4 celery stalks, chopped
2 cups of chopped baby carrots
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 1/2 boxes of chicken stalk (I used low salt, organic)
4 chicken breast, cooked and chopped (I couldn't find chicken breasts at my store, so I bought a whole cooked BBQ chicken and pulled all the chicken meat off)
4 cups water
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp basil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Half of Bag of Whole Wheat Egg noodles

Put oil in large soup pot on medium high, add onion and garlic until soft, add the rest of the vegetables and toss them all together. Add the stock and water, bring it all to a boil, add parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Boil until vegetables are tender (about 15-20 minutes). Add the cooked chicken and let flavours blend, add the egg noodles and boil for about 7 more minutes until noodles are tender.  Soup is ready! It is really filling and as Brent mentioned, would be great on a cold winter day.
Serves 10 people.

Nutrional Information:
217 calories
32g carbs
5g fat
20g protein
5g fibre

Here are the Whole Wheat Egg Noodles- they are hard to find, but I found them at our local Loblaws.


Here's a time saver, baby carrots... just one chop and they are ready.


I served the soup with this delicious, VERY hearty bread I picked up at Whole Foods. It's called Seeduction Bread.



Look at the delicious, whole, good for you ingredients:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...