Friday, June 29, 2012

Birthday Dinner Date- Greek it is!

I recently celebrated my 45th birthday.... You say 'What?', a woman admitting her age??? Well for me, I can't wait to get older, wiser and richer (in so many ways). I'm looking forward to getting to 50, it's the beggining of the rest of my life- my best half century, slimmer, healthier, faster, athletic, and most of all... spiritually awake and living a life of unlimited, never ending abundance and joy.... and I am on my way there folks.

To celebrate, Brent wanted to take me to dinner and a movie. I suggested Crazy Sushi, but it was under construction... so the only other choice we had with the time limit was Souvlaki Hut.


Kind of a little low key Greek place. But since it was a celebration and I had been craving a 'no so healthy' Greek meat product... Gyros. So that's what we did.

Look at that.... so much Gyros- way too much, couldn't finish it all though- and guess what, that's part of the new me... you don't have to finish your plate... and it's OK to have a 'special' treat once in a while... As long as I log it on myfitnesspal.com... I know I am on track... and guess what, after losing 65lbs, I know I'm doing something right.

Oh, and I also fill up on lots of veggies... do you know that your plate should be 1/2 veggies, 1/4 carb and 1/4 protein. I love Greek Salad! It's the feta, but not goat feta, I don't like goat cheese or goat feta, tastes like the farm to me.

And a sexy new can of Diet Coke. I prefer water usually, but you know- it's my birthday... so I enjoyed the bubbles.... Oh, are you wondering what movie we saw? It was Moonrise Kingdom and it was good and quirky and off beat. We liked it... here's a little about the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...