Sunday, June 10, 2012

Breakfast on the go... you can make it healthy

Sometimes Melanie and I want to get going on weekend mornings and we need to grab a healthy breakfast on the go. We used to go to McDonald's wayyyyyy back. But that is not a real healthy choice. So we tried Starbucks for their breakfast sandwiches. I have had the Artisan Hand and Cheddar sandwich in the past, but I saw this new kind listed- Reduced Fat, with Bacon-Style Turkey, Cheddar and Egg white with 55% less fat than the other sandwiches.

So that's what I chose!

Melanie went outside to get us a table right in the bright, beautiful sunshine and I brought our little breaky on the go outside. Melanie's Naked Smoothy and my non-fat grande cafe misto.

Here's my little breakfast sandwich. It was pretty good. Here's the nutritional information:
Calories 320 Calories,  Fat 7g,  Carbohydrate 43g, Protein 18g, Fibre 3g

Here's Mella enjoying her sandwich.

Here's me and the big sandwich and delicious Cafe Misto.

We then went to the library and Melanie had so much fun picking up some books out, me.... I was reading these great kids books that have 'adult' -'moral of the story'- true love, fulfilment and happiness.  Don't worry, I did get my books too, self-help is m focus!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...