Friday, June 1, 2012

Healthy Eating means getting Healthy Dishes!

After weeks of rushing around and working late and being all consumed with putting on the best conference and course ever.... it was finally time to take care of my family... so this is what I did on my first Saturday 'off'. I took care of my family by baking and chopping fresh fruits and vegetables.

I made Summer Berry muffins (recipe from yesterday), homemade healthy granola, a giant fresh fruit salad and a fresh garden salad. I believe my family was rather grateful. It just goes to show you how much we have all changed in that we want to have healthy foods and snacks and in the past 8 months, we have all come to rely on these healthy baking weekends and plenty of fresh foods available and cut up by 'Mom'.
 
But wait, did you see my bowl. This is a picture of an empty bowl. I found this cool 'Healthy' Salad Bowl at Walmart of all places. If you are gonna eat lots of salads, you should make it fun, right?

Here's the side view, it's green on the outside and 'salady' on the inside. My mom is right though, you can't see your salad in there- and it's hard to wash because you can't see what's in the bowl. But hey.... I live on the edge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...