Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pampered Chef- fun for the apprentice gourmet

As you saw a few months ago I attended a Pampered Chef party at my friend Robin's house. There I met a lovely woman... Crystal- she was full of passion for her Pampered Chef Tools... so I decided to have a party at my home. What a wonderful day sharing great tips, tricks and fun girly time with my friends and family.
Thanks to all the lovely ladies that attended. I hope you had a great time learning new tricks and healthy recipes too!  If you are ever interested in getting involved or hosting a party, you can get in touch with Crystal www.pamperedchef.biz/crystalmarcucci.

In pre-discussions with Crystal about what to prepare for the party I wanted her to involve us in making 'healthy alternatives' - you know- that's how I roll now. So we came up with some savory treats, but I wanted to provide the girls with some 'healthier than most'.... little desserts. They may look familiar as I have blogged about them in the past few weeks. But here they are on pretty polka dot platter.

The Red Velvet Cream Cheese and Coconut cupcakes with a raspberry on top.

The Double Chocolate Brownies with Walnuts.

And the Fruit and Nut Cookies.

Let the fun and games begin.... first the vegetable wedger slicing the tomato for a delicious garden salsa.

Here's Lorna using the scooper to take out the seeds and placing them in the collapsible bowl.


Here's Rori chopping on the flexible green mat with a green ceramic knife.

And here's Naomi and Fiona (and Melanie's butt in the back). The ladies are chopping jalapenos for the salsa.

Here I am with the citrus press... I love this tool... so I bought it! It squishes the heck out of the limes- you just wouldn't believe.

Here's a magical tool- the Pineapple corer.... OMG... it's like magic, it works so well and quick... I loved it so much, I married it!

Here's my sweet mom cutting the sweet pineapple on this magical cutting board.

See, here is the magic.... it catches the juices as you cut your stuff... we loved it so much that she and I both got one!

Here's my little sis chopping some herbs in a little container. I was so grateful that she came to join us. It was her first social event without her baby Stephanie.

Here's Nancy brushing lemon juice on these whole wheat tortillas. Why, you ask? We just added some sea salt and then cut them into triangles with a pizza cutter and then baked them... these were some of the healthiest little tortilla chips I have ever had. 
You're wondering what we made right? It was the most delightful fresh Pineapple Salsa. It was everyone's favourite. Well except for Brent, he tried the leftovers and he preferred the traditional tomato salsa. Here is the best spatula ever and the big giant glass mixing bowl that you can use to bake the Barbie Cake in.
Here it the lovely Pineapple Salsa in the gorgeous Bamboo bowl.

And on the lovely platter--- the healthy tortilla chips.

Ok, here's the last tool I want to share with you. The Mango Wedger... This is so crazy good, you'll want to marry it too.... that means yes, I did get this one too. You see in my house, the people will only eat fruit if I cut it up- seriously- so these tools are perfect, because now... they can use these new toys to cut there own!

TA DA! THAT IS FLIPPIN' MAGIC!!!! I can't wait to use all my tools and have big fun parties filled with friends, families and healthy, fun foods cut and prepared and served on the Pampered Chef... wonder if you can order a Chef?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...